SAVORY SHRIMP CILANTRO AVOCADO SALAD
Far from the mayo-laden dish of the ’80s, this far lighter shrimp salad is still super flavorful. The salad is brightened it with red onion, jalapeno, fresh cilantro and a light lime/olive oil dressing.
Spoon your salad into a romaine or butter lettuce leaf, onto cucumber slices, fill up a cooked puff pastry shell or simply enjoy as is.
It’s a light entrée to add to your go-to recipe collection. And it might become be one of your favorite shrimp recipes, too.
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt, pepper to taste
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- Combine lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, avocado, tomato, red onion and pepper.
- Toss all with cilantro to serve.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- *I often add a bit of Trader Joe’s Everyday Seasoning to the mix.