I adore autumn and apple tarts. Fortunately, you don’t have to wait until September to enjoy this super-easy sweet. It’s perfect with coffee in the morning or at the end of the day after dinner. During this unprecedented, stay-at-home event, this is my go-to, super satisfying, any-time-of-day treat.
- 3-4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, cubed
- ½ cup Trader Joe’s Organic Reduced Sugar Apricot Preserves, melted
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau
- 1 frozen Trader Joe’s Pie Crust, defrosted
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel, core and slice apples. Arrange in concentric circles over the crust. Fold pastry over the edge of the apples.
- Bake 45 minutes-1 hour, turning as necessary to cook evenly, until pastry and apples are brown.
- Heat preserves. Add Cointreau and spread over the tart.
- Serve warm or at room temperature as is or top with vanilla ice cream, creme fraiche for whipped cream.
*To speed coring, peeling and slicing, I use this device, available on Amazon in both clamp on and suction base style. I never worry about removing what little peel is left on the apples.
Check out more recipes at freshperspectives.org