Raising the Bar on Heavenly.
Do not miss this truly delicious/super simple/spectacularly beautiful dessert!
Many thanks to Nacole for sharing both the dish as well as the recipe. Note that there are only five ingredients. The focus is simply savoring this short-lived seasonal fruit. Figs are stuffed with ricotta, drizzled with honey, and sprinkled with shelled pistachios and mint. What could be easier?
- 8 fresh figs
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- 2 to 4 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese, whisked slightly
- 4 tablespoons mint leaves, finely chopped (optional)
- Pour pistachios in a shallow bowl or plate. Drizzle honey on another.
- Dip each fig, bottom first, in the honey and then in the pistachios. Arrange the figs on a large plate or platter.
- Using a sharp knife, split each fig down the middle, starting at the tapered stem and slicing down to the broad bottom. Be careful not to cut all the way through the fig. Stop about 1/4 inch from the bottom.
- Add a generous spoonful of ricotta to the center of each fig.
- Drizzle figs with additional honey to taste and sprinkle with the fresh mint.
- Serve as quickly as you can.
Our tree is flourishing this year with more fruit than ever. Supermarkets should soon be well-stocked. Stay tuned for more ways to use this delicate/delicious fruit.
Andrea Serrahn says
Oh I cannot wait to make this picture perfect dessert! Oh, I guess I will wait til the figs at the farm ripen. Such a beautiful mouth watering presentation!