It melts in your mouth. Thanks to an abundance of lemons, Nacole’s amazing ability to scope out terrific recipes AS WELL AS her generous spirit, we enjoyed many melt-in-your-mouth moments.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup Meyer lemon juice (4-6 Meyer lemons)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Meyer lemon zest
- 1 cup nonfat Greek-style yogurt
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water in a small ramekin; let it soften for 5 minutes or until no dry spots remain.
- Combine sugar and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan; bring to a simmer and stir until sugar dissolves. Turn off the heat and add the gelatin mixture, stirring until gelatin dissolves. Add cream, lemon juice and lemon zest. Let cool slightly.
- Put yogurt in a mixing bowl and whisk to loosen it up. Add the cream mixture, little by little, gently stirring after each addition to break up any lumps of yogurt before adding more cream. Do not over stir, which will avoid air bubbles.
- Pour mixture into a 5-cup bowl or mold. Tap the bowl on the counter to remove air bubbles. Cover and chill until set, 6 hours to overnight.
Check out more recipes at freshperspectives.org
Leave a Reply