“Instead of remembering cancelled plans and uncertainty, maybe they’ll remember this as the time when they discovered that baking can be not just a means to a sweet reward, but an act of self-care and solace, just as it is now for their worried mother.” Margaux Laskey, NYT
This recipe makes a sweet, dense, moist delicious almost pound-cake apple bread. Thank you, Anita!
Anita’s Apple Cake
- 1/2 cup ground almond flour + 1/2 cup All-Purpose flour ( Note: you can also use just 1 cup all-purpose flour in which case use only 2 eggs instead of 3).
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter – 1 stick, room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbs dark rum
- 2 apples (any kind), peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Butter a 9-inch springform pan
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time and beat. Beat in the rum and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and beat on low until just combined. Fold in the chopped apples.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool until just warm before serving.
Check out more recipes at freshperspectives.org