Made sooooo much easier with Joe Gitter’s video! I’m definitely onboard today to deal with the dozen eggs cooked and peeled to perfection. An ideal bite between meals or a meal in itself.
Do you have a favorite Deviled Eggs recipe? I don’t, so I’ll be playing with variations on this basic theme.
Basic Deviled Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider or balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika for garnish
- Once the eggs have cooled completely, peel them and slice in half lengthwise. Remove the yolk to a small bowl with a spoon and place the egg whites on a plate.
- Mash the yolks with a fork and add the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir everything together.
- Use a spoon to add a portion of the deviled egg mixture back into the hole of each egg white. Sprinkle on paprika or Trader Joe’s Everyday Seasoning. Garnish with edible greens or flowers.
Variations: There are so many different ways to customize your deviled eggs recipe, so great creative and have a good time.Sriracha: Add a bit of heat to give a little kick to a classic favorite.
- Sriracha: Add a bit of heat to give a little kick to a classic favorite.
- Pickles: Mix in a little relish.
- Fresh herbs: Toss your favorite fresh herbs into the yolk mixture.
- Bacon: Sprinkle bits of bacon on top of the deviled eggs.
- Celery, garlic and/or onions: Boost texture with a bit of crunch.